Arbitration - what you need to know
Our Arbitrators can support your business's needs. Whether you are a small business starting out or a more mature enterprise, it is likely that a dispute will arise that needs to be addressed.
What is Arbitration?
Do you need a legal claim decided – but are worried about the time, complexity and spiraling costs involved in litigation?
Would it help if there was a way of getting the matter decided by an expert who knows your sector and who you trust to come up with the right decision, on a fixed price basis?
‘Arbitration’ involves appointing a trained and neutral third party (‘the Arbitrator’) to decide the dispute for the parties. The Arbitrator is chosen by the parties and is an expert in their business sector. He or she is appointed on a fixed-price basis (though either or both sides may incur other legal costs if they use lawyers to represent them in the Arbitration).
Arbitration does not take place through the Courts and so it is less formal. This can sometimes make Arbitration a bit quicker and cheaper than going to Court.
How can LawBite help?
Our Lawyers are experts in Arbitration. They can:
- Draft Arbitration clauses to go in contracts
- Help persuade the other party to accept Arbitration if the contract doesn’t include
- Help you source an accredited third party Arbitrator
- Help you prepare for the Arbitration
- Attend with you throughout any meetings or hearings with the Arbitrator
- Help you present or defend the claim
- Help you negotiate a settlement of the claim with the other side on the best terms for you
- Provide a neutral Arbitrator to handle the Arbitration (as an alternative to acting for you)
LawBite - Smarter Business Law
We believe that great legal advice is a fundamental business right. We are committed to providing your business with expert legal advice that is:
- Easier to access
- Clearer to understand
- More affordable
Many businesses find traditional law cumbersome, difficult to navigate and often full of hidden charges. Therefore, it is no surprise that SMEs instinctively turn to LawBite to solve their business legal problems, giving us a 98% service rating on feefo.
LawBite online lawyers and online solicitors provide expert legal advice on all commercial and business matters. Book a no commit 15-minute call with our friendly lawyers today or learn more by joining LawBite for free.