What is GDPR?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) which came into force in May 2018, creates new and higher standards of compliance than applied previously for organisations collecting and using customer data.
Whenever you collect and use identifiable personal data about customers (like name, email, address and preferences) you need to stay compliant with the law.
If you don’t comply, you can be fined by the regulator (the ICO - Information Commissioner’s Office) – up to 4% of your turnover. Or, even more worryingly, the ICO can issue a ‘Stop Now’ order, which prevents you from collecting or using personal data at all, either permanently or until you have complied with their requirements.
How can LawBite help?
We understand that GDPR compliance can seem overwhelming – with all those new rules and ongoing processes to comply with. Every business is unique so a one-size approach doesn’t work for everybody. We will work with you speedily and affordably to understand what your business needs and agree on a pathway to compliance.
Our expert service includes:
- Legal advice on what GDPR means operationally for your organisation
- GDPR health check for your business showing you what changes you need to make and giving you an action plan
- Identifying whether you are a ‘Data Controller’ (who is in charge of deciding what data is to be collected, how it is to be collected, and the purposes for which it is to be used) or whether you are a ‘Data Processor’ (who analyses and processes the data on behalf of a Controller). Different obligations apply to each role.
- Helping you set up contracts between Data Processors and Data Controllers
- Reviewing and drafting employment contracts and providing HR advice related to GDPR
- Advice on handling Data Subject Access Requests
- Advice on dealing with suspected breaches of GDPR by your organisation
- Advice on how to gain compliant consent from customers to collect and use their data
- Access to legal and business document templates to help you set up GDPR contracts
LawBite - Smarter Business Law
We believe that great legal advice is a fundamental business right. We are committed to providing your business with expert legal advice that is:
- Easier to access
- Clearer to understand
- More affordable
Many businesses find traditional law cumbersome; complex to navigate, difficult to navigate and often full of hidden charges. Therefore, it is no surprise that SMEs instinctively turn to LawBite to solve their business legal problems, giving us a 98% service rating on feefo.
LawBite online lawyers and online solicitors provide expert legal advice on all commercial and business matters. Book a no commit 15-minute call with our friendly lawyers today or learn more by joining LawBite for free.