How will Brexit change the game for businesses?
With Brexit negotiations still ongoing, you are possibly feeling confused about what actions you should be taking to best prepare your business. Is there anything you can start doing now?
Throughout the Brexit process, our expert lawyers will be sharing their perspectives on the key challenges ahead, helping you to better understand how the UK leaving the EU will affect you and your business.
What it means for HR
- Background to Brexit from an HR viewpoint
- The Withdrawal Agreement and transition period
- The EU (Withdrawl Agreement) Bill
- The impact on UK employment law generally
- The impact on UK key employment legislation on HR, including discrimination, parental leave and pay, transfer of undertakings (TUPE), holidays and working time, collective redundancy consultation, agency workers, data protection, and freedom of movement of staff
- What happens if the UK leaves the EU with a deal?
- What if there is a no-deal Brexit?
- Key Takeaways
- How LawBite can help
Speaker: Kim Knox, LawBrief
What it means for Trade
- What we know so far
- The impact of Brexit on Trade
- Current status
- Highly impacted by Brexit – legally, commercially and logistically
- Free Movement of Goods
- What will happen after Brexit?
- Import tax
- Customs clearance
- Licences (for certain products)
- Possibly like dealing with non-EU countries
- What will happen if there is no-deal?
- Position under the current Withdrawal Agreement and EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill (WAB)
- What you can do now if you import goods from the EU or export goods to the EU
Speaker: Carla Caroli, LawBrief
What it means for Contracts
- Better understand what risks might arise in commercial contracts as a result of detangling the UK from the EU
- To identify risks in current long terms commercial agreements
- To be aware of what to look out for in negotiating new contracts
- How might Brexit affect my contracts?
- Considering key contract clauses such as
- territorial scope
- material change of the contract
- change in law
- allocation of risk on pricing and liability for import/export delays and costs
- transfer of personal data out of/into the UK
- accreditation and certifications
- intellectual property registrations
- Government guidance
- What your organisation should be doing now
- What to look for in future contracts
- How LawBite can help you
Speaker: Rachel Robinson, LawBrief
Read more of our latest blog posts, featuring all the latest legal news, analysis and opinion from our expert lawyers.
- By Lawbite Team
- March 10, 2021
The transition period between the European Union (EU) and the UK, with its associated single market, ended at the end of 2020. The rules around cr...
- By Lawbite Team
- November 10, 2020
With the UK’s economy opening up, commercial life is starting to enter a ‘new normal’ phase. Coming down the line, we also have Brexit as a fundame...
- By Lawbite Team
- February 12, 2020
Now that the UK has formally left the EU, the IPO has helpfully published a document setting out high-level details on the impact of the Withdrawal...
LawBite can help you
LawBite is on a mission to provide business legal advice that is easier to access, clearer to understand and much cheaper. Our on-line legal advice platform can quickly connect you with expert business legal advice. Our friendly, highly qualified business lawyers, solicitors and mediators will give you the guidance and reassurance that comes from customised legal advice for small and medium sized business.
Whether you are bringing or defending a legal claim, outsourcing work, want a business contract review to ward off disagreements, talk to an expert trademark lawyer, resolve a contractual dispute with methods like mediation and arbitration, or getting your new company set up and on the right footing with a robust shareholder agreement and GDPR standards, we can help you succeed.