Intellectual property advice for businesses
Do you need to increase or protect the valuation of your company? Or make it easier to raise investment? Or grow your revenues?
You can do all these things if you identify, protect and exploit your Intellectual Property (‘IP’).
Your IP is the value of the creative assets your business generates. All businesses, no matter how big or small, will own some form of IP. It is crucial to appreciate what this umbrella term comprises and how it applies to your business. Without this understanding, you will be at a considerable competitive disadvantage to other companies who have this knowledge and who exploit their IP to their benefit. Seeking intellectual property legal advice at the earliest possible stage in the development of your business is always advisable and worthwhile. Quality and strategic IP legal advice may even help to foresee, avoid and ward off costly IP disputes and ultimately save your business significant time and money!
Intellectual Property can subsist in literary, dramatic and musical works and include trademarks, design rights, copyrights and patents. They may be relevant to a wide variety of assets including text, graphics, artwork, photographs, packaging, inventions, videos, audio, websites, databases, software and apps. Understanding what IP you have in your business/brand and how best to protect, use and exploit it, is fundamental to profitability.
How can our lawyers help?
As part of our intellectual property legal services, Our expert lawyers will offer a fixed price intellectual property advice and help you with all aspects of IP protection including:
- Transactional and contentious IP legal advice
- Working out what IP you own, when/how the IP was created and by whom
- Registering and protecting that IP, so other people can’t use or steal it
- Advising on whether the launch of a new brand is viable and the name is cleared/free to use
- Making sure you are not at risk of infringing anyone else’s IP
- Helping to protect and maximise the value of confidential information, know how and trade secrets
- Helping you commercialise the value of that IP, including via licensing and assignment
- Negotiating instances of domain name disputes and cybersquatting
- Advising on the status of IP rights pre and post the Brexit transitional period
- Advising on IP in the context of corporate transactions
IP matters are often time-sensitive and our lawyers are able to respond quickly and cost-effectively. We provide quick, affordable and easy to understand legal consultation. We offer a free no-obligation 15 min legal phone consultation with one of our Intellectual Property lawyers.