Commercial property leases - key facts
Commercial leases can be difficult to comprehend for many landlords and tenants.
Getting a new commercial lease or lease renewal right from the outset is critical.
Let us provide you with expert legal advice guidance on getting your lease fit for purpose:
- Buyer Beware - find out everything about the property before you complete the lease.
- Head of Terms - length of the lease, your rights as it ends, deposits or guarantees required
- Repair - your obligations on maintenance and repair
- Service Charge - How much? What is it used for? Is there a maximum level?
- Stamp Duty - Does it apply? If so, how much?
Typical property lease questions
1. Is this a “standard” lease with no unusual or onerous clauses to the detriment of the tenant?
2. Does this lease cover the necessary rights and obligations of both parties?
3. Are there any common pitfalls I should be aware of?
4. How does the selling of the property affect the lease?
5. Does this contract permit the lender to break it if planning permission is not secured?
6. Should the deposit and any agreed ‘rent free initial period’ be mentioned in the lease?
Let's get started on your new contract!
Our contract review services are very easy to use. Book a no commit 15-minute call with our lawyers today and get your agreement quickly sorted.
- We can check your contract is legally sound and fit for purpose
- Covering UK related matters
- Just £165+vat for contracts up to 20 pages / 3-day turnaround
Includes lawyer consultation to establish full requirements.
All lawyers are UK qualified, insured, regulated & experienced in small business legal matters
LawBite - Smarter Business Law
We believe that great legal advice is a fundamental business right. We are committed to providing your business with expert legal advice that is:
- Easier to access
- Clearer to understand
- More affordable
Many businesses find traditional law cumbersome; complex to navigate, difficult to navigate and often full of hidden charges. Therefore, it is no surprise that SMEs instinctively turn to LawBite to solve their business legal problems, giving us a 98% service rating on feefo.
LawBite online lawyers and online solicitors provide expert legal advice on all commercial and business matters. Book a no commit 15-minute call with our friendly lawyers today or learn more by joining LawBite for free.