Tom Nevin has 14 years’ experience in litigation, dispute resolution and commercial legal work. Tom commenced work in private practice in a leading Australian national practice in 2007, and qualified in 2008. Tom moved to the UK in 2011 and worked in private practice at several UK and international firms. Tom has also undertaken in-house roles for the UK Home Office, and a leading international renewable energy company. Tom qualified in England & Wales in 2019. Most recently Tom has consulted to various SME enterprises in Australia and the UK. During this time Tom has gained a broad experience across all areas of commercial and litigation for all types of clients.
In Tom's own words:
“Having worked across various practices in various jurisdictions, and for many types of clients, I get the most satisfaction in seeing small businesses develop, thrive and mature. The provision of commercially oriented, practical legal advice to these businesses is a crucial part of this. I enjoy breaking down complex and complicated legal problems into pragmatic, manageable and comprehensible solutions. In a way, this is commercial law, but on a more personal and practical level.”
- England and Wales Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme, Kaplan QLTS (2018)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, FINSA (2011)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law (2008)
- Bachelor Arts (Politics), University of Queensland, Brisbane (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland (Honours) (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Recognised Legal 500 UK 2018
- Led the team on the successful legal challenge to decriminalise homosexuality in Trinidad and Tobago which was nominated for the FT Innovative Lawyers Award 2018, the Good Lobby Awards 2018, and the American Lawyer Global Legal Awards 2018, the Legal Week Innovation Awards 2019, the 2019 Lexis Nexis Legal Awards: Halsbury Award for Rule of Law, and the 2019 Lawyer Awards for Pro-Bono Initiative of the Year.
- Fishing (with various degrees of success)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
An ongoing battle to learn the basics of French