Raza Naqvi is a qualified solicitor with post-qualification experience in banking and finance matters at the London offices of a Magic Circle law firm. He has advised both medium and large-sized borrowers and institutional lenders in relation to their financing matters. He has also advised on regulatory compliance matters financial services industry (particularly banking).
In his own words:
"I enjoy exploring and developing legal solutions within the SME commercial context. I am particularly interested in the growth journey of SME’s and the individuals forming the team behind these. Collaborating with such teams in growing their business really interests me and being able to assist them with problem solving as their legal questions become more complex. I’m also interested in developing technology based legal solutions for SME’s to reduce their regulatory and compliance requirements."
- Durham University, LLB, First Class Honours (graduated 2012)
- Legal Practitioner Course (2013)
- Reading and research: Financial news (particularly City A.M. (London-centric broadsheet covering areas of interest including fin-tech) and the Financial Times (weekday and weekend edition); Economics and business books.
- Fin-tech industry and entrepreneurship follower.
- Crowdfunding analysis (debt and equity) and its potential as a viable alternative to traditional banking.
English (native), Urdu (native), German (beginner and studying).