Isioma Ohakawa has worked as a commercial solicitor for 4 years and her experience has been predominantly working in-house. Isioma qualified in a FTSE 100 company and since then has worked for small and medium sized companies where she has gained experience in:
- drafting and negotiating commercial contracts such as NDAs, purchase order terms and conditions for goods and/or services, selective distribution agreements, outsourcing contracts, SAAS contracts, major works construction terms and software licencing contracts;
- advising on commercial property matters including commercial leases, licences, and agreement for leases;
- advising on debt recovery matters e.g. drafting pre-action letters against debtors
Isioma is currently working for a large FTSE 100 leading Supermarket chain.
In her own words....
"I think it is important for small and medium sized businesses to receive quality legal advice without paying premium fees! Quality legal advice can avoid reputational/public damage, expensive penalties, and unlawful internal practices. Robust contractual documents and knowledge on the laws you operate on are fundamental to every business owner and I enjoy assisting in those stages. I previously worked for a small company and I was able to add to their internal processes, policies and drafting a variety of template contracts. I enjoy working with small companies, understanding their business models and advising on how best to structure their business and navigate the law".
- University of Law (formerly College of Law) - LLM LPC (Pass)
- University of Law (formerly College of Law) - Graduate Diploma of Law - (Pass)
- Staffordshire University - BSc Psychology and Criminology (2:1 in Dissertation)
- Christ The King Sixth Form College – A- Levels Psychology, Biology and Chemistry (B, C, C)
- Virgo Fidelis Convent Senior Girls School - GCSEs 9 A – Cs
- Isioma is a mentor for third year law student with the Social Mobility charity, she really enjoys the role and feedback she receives
- Qualifying as a solicitor in August 2016 was a massive achievement for Isioma
Music lover and a foodie