Lawbite Customer Comments
"Absolutely fantastic! Supportive, efficient and precise. Made the process really easy to engage with and resolve. Thanks Emma!" Da Vinci's Workshop Ltd
"Emma was brilliant. She responded promptly and spent time explaining and answering our queries. I would happily use he again. Thank you" Maria Sotakova
"Emma was fantastic, so patient, helpful and knowledgeable. She has done a fantastic job for me and if/when I need more legal assistance in future I will absolutely want to work with her again. Thank you very much Emma!" Nikki van der Molen
"Emma is absolutely fantastic and I would happily recommend her to anyone who needs help with their contracts." Rattle and Shake Ltd
"Emma was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I would 100% recommend her for anyone looking for legal advice." Outbound Solutions
Emma Wood is dual qualified in the United Kingdom and the United States, having completed her requirements for admittance to the Law Society of England and Wales, and most recently, the New York Bar. Emma is a legal professional with broad experience in corporate governance and commercial law having spent 6 years with a FTSE 100 company specialising in the security service industry.
Emma has worked on a variety of complex and routine legal matters involving contracts, bid solicitations, proposals, internal corporate agreements and corporate documentation. She has also advised businesses with a view to minimise risk and find expedient solutions, while facilitating business transactions. In addition, Emma has extensive experience drafting contract language and leading and facilitating negotiations with clients. Emma is process-orientated and relishes drafting and filing the corporate documentation required for small and medium businesses.
Emma is passionate about great service and providing legal advice in clear non-legalese. In her words:
“I want to provide a helpful and approachable service to SMEs to assist them navigate the sometimes overly complicated and ambiguous areas of company and commercial law, in order to reach the best and simplest solutions for my clients.”
- New York Bar Certified, 2017
- Legal Practice Course (Commendation), University of Law Guildford, 2014
- University of Sussex, LLB in Law with Honours, 2007
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial service agreements
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating global service agreements
- Training business and sales teams in contract risk
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements, productivity enhancements, and cost efficiencies for contract negotiations and transactions
- Drafting and reviewing corporate transactional documentation for companies, including directors’ board minutes, shareholder resolutions and internal share purchase agreements
- Managing company regulatory registration requirements at Companies House registry
- General company secretary matters and filings
Emma loves travelling with her husband both in the United Kingdom and the United States whenever the opportunity arises. Her favourite time is spent in art museums, hiking in the British countryside, participating in amateur photography, reading classic novels, competing in running events, but above all, spending time at home with her miniture Goldendoodle puppy, Sophie.
English UK (and US!).