Over the years Dean has been involved in a significant number of regulatory projects, including:
- Uncleared Margin Rules implementation for a large investment bank, headquartered in London;
- CRD IV regulatory compliance as part of a global netting remediation project;
- Led and managed a clause/data capture unit covering Uncleared Margin Rules, CASS Rules and other regulatory events, each for a large Swiss bank;
- Brexit related policy remediation for a large U.S. bank; and
- MiFID II support and negotiation of the suite of custody documentation for a large U.S. custodian bank relating to its collateral managed services.
- Helped a large Swiss bank meet its CRD IV regulatory obligations by playing a key role in its global netting remediation project, especially by leading a team of lawyers in ameliorating collateral agreement risk;
- Led the roll-out of Clearstream Repurchase Conditions for a large French bank;
- Led the roll-out of emissions trading for the subsidiary of a large Japanese bank;
- Created regulatory offerings for a U.S. based ALSP; and
- Dean was previously the global legal point person for account control agreements (ACA) for a large Spanish bank, having also provided ACA training to its legal department.