Dean Nasser brings a wealth of financial services legal and regulatory experience having worked or consulted for several tier one investment banks and management consultancies in a senior or lead capacity in the financial services transactional space for over 17 years.
Dean has amassed a great deal of experience and know-how in negotiating a multitude of contracts for trading financial products as well as designing solutions for the remediation of regulatory risk for in-scope clients to help them better understand and meet their regulatory obligations.
Amongst other things, Dean has experience in drafting house standard templates, creating guidance materials, helping clients design new internal operational processes and running workshops or providing training for groups ranging from a handful to over 100.
Prior to joining LawBite, Dean was VP of Contracts for a U.S. based alternative legal services provider (ALSP), supporting business development as their regulatory subject matter expert by amongst other things, rolling out distinct regulatory offerings. These included Libor reform and Brexit related regulatory risk solutions.
Over the years Dean has been involved in a significant number of regulatory projects, including:
- Uncleared Margin Rules implementation for a large investment bank, headquartered in London;
- CRD IV regulatory compliance as part of a global netting remediation project;
- Led and managed a clause/data capture unit covering Uncleared Margin Rules, CASS Rules and other regulatory events, each for a large Swiss bank;
- Brexit related policy remediation for a large U.S. bank; and
- MiFID II support and negotiation of the suite of custody documentation for a large U.S. custodian bank relating to its collateral managed services.
Dean has had a number of articles and podcasts published covering a variety of areas of regulatory risk. Dean has also spoken at major, global regulatory conferences.
- Helped a large Swiss bank meet its CRD IV regulatory obligations by playing a key role in its global netting remediation project, especially by leading a team of lawyers in ameliorating collateral agreement risk;
- Led the roll-out of Clearstream Repurchase Conditions for a large French bank;
- Led the roll-out of emissions trading for the subsidiary of a large Japanese bank;
- Created regulatory offerings for a U.S. based ALSP; and
- Dean was previously the global legal point person for account control agreements (ACA) for a large Spanish bank, having also provided ACA training to its legal department.
Dean enjoys wakeboarding in warm seas, writing fiction, playing guitar and 5-a-side football.