Dallia Appleton has over 20 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law. Dallia qualified at CMS Cameron Mckenna, a top city firm in London and since then has worked both in private practice in the corporate, commercial, technology and finance departments and in-house for several large software development companies.
Most recently, Dallia has acted as sole legal counsel for a new start-up to enable it to launch its business as a platform promoting, selling and streaming educational content online and as a legal consultant advising SMEs across all sectors on their diverse commercial and corporate matters, such as:
- terms and conditions of sale and supply;
- outsourcing and joint venture agreements;
- e-commerce agreements and terms;
- information technology and software agreements (including: SAAS and agile software development agreements);
- consultancy agreements;
- IP licences;
- website design agreements;
- shareholder and subscription agreements;
- share and asset sales and purchases;
- data protection matters.
Dallia particularly enjoys working with SMEs and acted as legal mentor for SMEs in Belfast over many years for the not for profit Northern Ireland Business Innovation Centre. Working with smaller sized companies, she says:
“you tend to get to know the key management team and the operational issues they face and making an impact is particularly rewarding”