Alla Fairbrother is an experienced and effective solicitor with clear business focus and many years of legal expertise supporting businesses of various sizes and industries.
Alla has provided legal support to businesses on various areas of law and has broad UK based international experience in all types of legal matters concerning a particular business, with more in-depth experience in commercial / business law, including:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- Confidentiality agreements, NDAs and CDAs
- Supply of goods and / or services contracts
- Purchase agreements, both direct and indirect
- Distributor and dealer agreements
- Supply, installation, commissioning and some construction contracts
- Franchise agreements
- Research, development and student sponsorship agreements
- Some licensing agreements
- Marketing support - contracts, advertising, review of materials
- Initial stages of disputes with customers, suppliers and quality / product liability related disputes
- Compliance - competition, anti-bribery, export controls, product compliance
- Data protection
- Some company secretarial and corporate matters
Alla's experience includes various sectors and companies, including Cummins Ltd (automotive, manufacturing, engineering, sales, distribution and service support industry), ADT Fire and Security Plc / Tyco (fire and security, manufacturing, sales, installation and service support), Burger King Ltd (franchising and retail/ food industry) and Electronic Arts Ltd (independent interactive software games manufacturer and distributor) and support to such business functions as the Directors and Management, Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Acquisitions, Purchasing, Communications, Finance, HR, EHS, Quality, Research, Development, Engineering, Compliance and other functions.
Alla qualified as a solicitor in 2009 having completed her in-house training contract with a secondment to Eversheds' London office and is also a Russian lawyer since 2002.
In her own words...
"I am passionate about providing practical, useful and timely legal support to small and medium businesses where I can focus on what's really important to my client's business and make an effort to really understand specific objectives and goals so that I can see legal issues from their prospective."
- Legal Practice Course and CPE / Post Graduate Diploma in Law at BPP University Law School in London, 2003-2007
- Law, including Master of Laws, at the Ural State Law University in Russia 1997-2002
- Six Sigma trained with a completed project on identifying, prioritising and managing legal risks in a particular organisation / business
Successfully worked for businesses as part of their team for many years, supporting them on all legal matters whilst specialising in some relationship and lead lawyer for businesses of various sizes, including with turnover of over £500mln and geographical territory including UK, Ireland, Europe, Russia, CIS, Middle-East and Africa.
- Extensive commercial law experience
- Dual qualified - English solicitor and Russian lawyer
- Six Sigma trained with a completed project
Alla enjoys spending time with her son Teddy, as well as taking on an occasional DIY or building project.
English and Russian