Alastair Redfern has over twenty years experience in dispute resolution. His experience extends to disputes across a wide range of dispute types including commercial litigation, property litigation, harassment, defamation, intellectual property and professional negligence.
Alastair has experience of advising across many different sectors including the motor industry, manufacturing & heavy industry, defence, the hospitality industry, property, business services and media & sports.
Alastair is qualified in England & Wales and has worked in large multinational and regional firms, and as General Counsel on two occasions.
Alastair gives direct and pragmatic advice and is mindful of the commercial aims of his clients, whilst robustly pursuing outcomes on their behalf.
In his own words:
“I have acted for a wide variety of business from startups to global business, however, I particularly enjoy working with SMEs and guiding them through the challenges of their early business life as they grow. I also enjoy the variety of advising SMEs on the broad range of issues that they face.”
- Birmingham City University - LLB Law
- College of Law – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Lifestyle Management Ltd v. Frater  EWHC 3258 (TCC),  All ER (D) 176
- First injunction deployed in respect of cyber squatting and misuse of company information by a former employee of a financial services company.
- K Ltd v. National Westminster Bank PLC, HM Revenue & Customs and Serious & Organised Crime Agency intervening  EWCA Civ 1039, The Times Law Reports, 27 July 2006
- Case defining the meaning and parameters of 'suspicion' under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Lees v. MYLA & Others  EWCA Civ 613.
- Case establishing liability against a non-equity partner in a law firm on joint and several basis.
- Was described as “exemplary, knowledgeable and compassionate" by the UK Legal 500.