Document Name: Agency Workers Contract for Services
When should an Agency Workers Contract for Services be used?
This document should be used when an employment business (commonly referred to as temp agencies) engages a temporary agency worker (commonly known as temps) to carry out services to a client.
It is drafted on the basis that the temporary worker is an individual; is not working through a personal service company or under an umbrella company arrangement and is not employed by either the employment business or the client, but instead has the status of a ‘worker’ of the employment business.
What is contained in this Agency Workers Contract for Services?
Since 6th April 2020, an employment business must supply workers with details of the terms that apply between them in writing (in advance of any work being carried out), including the type of work that the employment business will look for on the worker’s behalf and other specific terms that need to be included. The contract is a basic one, applicable only to the laws of England and not be used as it is if anything more than the basic minimum terms are needed.
The contract includes details of the following:
- The agreement and the assignments
- The fees involved if the worker moves from a temporary to a permanent position
- The worker’s obligations
- The remuneration the worker will receive
- The benefits the worker will receive
- How to complete time sheets; holiday requests and details regarding sickness absence
- If they have other paid leave
- If they will receive training
- How and what happens on termination of the contract
- Intellectual Property Rights; Confidentiality and Data Protection information
- Pension details
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Warranties and Indemnities
- Intention of the parties as to the relationship; third party rights; entire agreement; notices and severance
- If there are any collective agreements which governs the engagement
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Booking placement form
How can LawBite help
LawBite makes it easy to understand a legal document such as an Agency Workers Contract for Services and other documents that will help protect your business. LawBite is a digital legal platform and law firm, providing free legal documents and legal templates that you can quickly download and easily edit. Our legal document library has all the necessary legal documentation to help your business succeed and grow.
If you have more bespoke requirements for your Agency Workers Contract for Services or you would like a lawyer to review it - you can speak with the LawBite team.
Our contract review service starts at just £180 (+VAT). All our lawyers are UK qualified, insured, regulated and experienced in all business legal matters, so you can rest assured that your Agency Workers Contract for Services will be professionally reviewed and of the highest quality.