When should a Casual Worker Contract be used?
A Casual Worker Contract should be used to set out the terms of a relationship between a business and a casual worker, where a business does not wish to guarantee the worker work and the worker does not have to accept any work offered.
The Casual Workers Contract should be used for any worker who starts working for a business on or after 6th April.
What is contained in this Casual Worker Contract?
The Casual Workers Contract complies with the Good Work Plan which stipulates what must be set out in a worker’s contract with effect from 6th April 2020. It is laid out as a basic letter and is designed to be unambiguous and uncomplicated so that the worker can understand what is expected of them and what might be expected of the business. The contract is a basic one, applicable only to the laws of England and not be used as it is if anything more than the basic minimum terms are needed.
It therefore includes:
- Confirmation of the status of the agreement
- Confirmation of whether there should be a presumption of continuity or not with each assignment
- Start date
- Confirmation of the right to work in the UK
- Arrangements of the work
- Place and hours of work
- If there is a working time regulations opt-out
- Details of pay; benefits; holidays; sickness; training; other paid leave; pension and collective agreements
- Data Protection and Confidential Information
- Business rules and procedures and property
- Termination and changes to terms
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- Totality of terms
How can LawBite help
LawBite makes it easy to understand a legal document such as a Casual Worker Contract and other documents that will help protect your business. LawBite is a digital legal platform and law firm, providing free legal documents and legal templates that you can quickly download and easily edit. Our legal document library has all the necessary legal documentation to help your business succeed and grow.
If you have more bespoke requirements for your Casual Worker Contract or you would like a lawyer to review it - you can speak with the LawBite team.
Our contract review service starts at just £160 + VAT. All our lawyers are UK qualified, insured, regulated and experienced in all business legal matters, so you can rest assured that your Casual Worker Contract will be professionally reviewed and of the highest quality.