You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Who We Are
- 2.1 Here are the details that the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
- • Our Website address is [Insert Website Address]
- • Our company name is [Insert Company Name]
- • Our registered address is [Insert Registered Address]
- • Our [nominated representative or Data Protection Officer] is [Insert Representative / Data Protection Officer Name] and they can be contacted at [Insert Representative / Data Protection Officer Email Address]
What we may collect
- 3.1 Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- 3.2 We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
THE FOLLOWING BULLET POINTS CAN BE ADAPTED IN FULL EDIT MODE
- • Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier. When you email, phone, live chat or otherwise, we may collect information such as your first name, last name, email address and phone number.
- • Contact Data includes billing address, invoicing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- • Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- • Transaction Data includes details about payments and other details of our Services you have purchased from us.
- • Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- • Profile Data includes your username and password, reservations made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- • Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and Services.
- • Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- • Interaction Data includes any information that you might provide to any discussion forums on the Website.
- • Cookies Data like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them and what kind.
- • Third Parties and Information we receive from other sources We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or through the Services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
CHOOSE ONE OF THE TWO STATMENTS in 3.4 AND DELETE THE OTHER [This is an instruction that will not print or display]
- 3.4 [We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we do collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) and it is necessary to do so for our business, we will obtain your specific consent, unless we have another lawful basis to do so.]
- 3.5 Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- a) You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- d) Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- e) Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- f) processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- g) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- h) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our financial payments, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- 3.7 In some instances, it may be appropriate for us to combine your information with other information that we may be holding about you, such as combining your name with your geographic location or your browsing or purchasing history.
Also included in this document:
4. How we may collect and use your data
6. Where we store your data and security
7. Disclosing your information
8. Your Rights
9. Links to Other Sites
11. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
12. Terms and Conditions
13. Your consent