Agreement Date and Parties
The date of this Agreement is [Day] of [Month], 20[Year] (the “Signing Date”)
This is an agreement between:
- [Company Name] with its registered office at [Registered Office Address] (“Client” in this Agreement); and
- [Individual Name] of [Address] (“Consultant” in this Agreement).
- 2.1 The Client engages the Consultant to provide the services described in the Schedule in accordance with this Agreement (“Services” in this Agreement).
- 2.2 This Agreement will continue for the Term. The Term starts on the Signing Date (at the beginning of this Agreement) and will continue until it ends as set out in the Schedule, unless ended earlier under clause 10.
- 3.1 During the Agreement, the Consultant will:
- 3.1.1 provide the Services carefully and skilfully as best he/she can and in a first class professional way;
- 3.1.2 meet the Client’s reasonable expectations by providing the Services during the professional hours of the Client for the minimum period as agreed with the Client and set out in the Schedule;
- 3.1.3 reply as soon as possible to any reasonable request from the Client’s board of directors for information and reports in connection with the Services;
- 3.1.4 tell the Client as soon as he/she reasonably can if the Consultant is unable to provide the Services or complete any part the Services for any reason;
- 3.1.5 try to ensure that he/she is available at all reasonable times (as long as the Consultant is given reasonable notice in advance) to provide any assistance or information the Client in relation to the Services;
- 3.1.6 not incur any expense on the Client’s behalf, or give the impression he/she is allowed to do so, unless the Client specifically tells him/her to do so in writing;
- 3.1.7 comply with all reasonable standards of safety and with the Client’s written health and safety procedures, at the place where the Services are provided, and report any unsafe working conditions or practices to the Client;
- 3.1.8 comply with all applicable laws about anti-bribery and anti-corruption including the piece of legislation known as the Bribery Act 2010, and also with any of the Client’s ethics policies or data protection policies that he/she is made aware of; and
- 3.1.9 make sure that all his/her work is original and does not infringe anybody else’s rights and nothing he/she does will be unlawful or infringe anybody else’s rights of data or privacy, or be obscene, or damage anybody’s reputation in a way that the law judges to be defamatory.
- 3.2 The Consultant is a professional who will use his/her own initiative as to the way in which the Services are delivered provided that in doing so the Consultant shall co-operate with the Client and comply with all reasonable and lawful requests of the Client. Any training that the Consultant requires shall be paid for by it.
- 3.3 The Consultant may provide the Services from such locations as are appropriate and agreed with the Client.
- 3.4 The Consultant shall not be required to provide any advice and assistance in addition to the Services other than as set out in this Agreement. Any requests to provide any additional advice and assistance shall be agreed by the Consultant before the advice or assistance is provided, including the fee payable for such additional advice and assistance. The details of any new fee arrangements between the Consultant and Client shall be agreed in writing and the Schedule shall be amended to show that agreement.
- 3.5 The Client will collect and process data about the Consultant in accordance with the privacy notice provided to the Consultant or which is available on [Insert details of where the privacy notice will be available to consultants, e.g. on the intranet].
- 3.6 The Consultant will comply with the Client’s data protection policy and any other policies that apply to the processing of data, including in relation to criminal records information, internet, email and communications, information security and bringing the Consultant’s own device.
- 3.7 In addition to the general obligations of the Consultant under clause 3.6, the Consultant will:
- 3.7.1 co-operate fully with the Client to allow the Client to comply with all of its obligations under applicable data protection legislation;
- 3.7.2 implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data (in each case as defined in applicable data protection legislation) and against accidental loss and destruction of or damage to personal data;
- 3.7.3 process any personal data disclosed to the Consultant by or on behalf of the Client only:
- (a) for the purposes of providing the Services; and
- (b) for the purposes for which that personal data was obtained and is processed by the Client;
- 3.7.4 provide evidence straightaway of the Consultant’s compliance with his/her obligations under clause 3.6 and 3.7 as the Client may from time to time reasonably request;
- 3.7.5 straightaway on receiving notice from the Client, take all appropriate action to enable the Client to comply properly with any request from a data subject in relation to access to and/or rectification or erasure of personal data; and
- 3.7.6 immediately notify the Client of any data breach relating to personal data about which the Consultant become aware.
- 3.1 During the Agreement, the Consultant will: