Lawbite Customer Comments
"Tara was very professional and helpful. I would recommend her for other Lawbite users. Thanks" SCG Fire Safety Ltd
Tara Iqbal has over 18 years’ experience of advising businesses on both their commercial contracts and corporate finance matters, with a particular emphasis on supporting SMEs or new business divisions throughout their lifecycle, from start up/route to market through to eventual maturation or sale of the business.
After training in London, she qualified as a solicitor and joined a large regional law firm working closely with directors, business owners and investors on all aspects of business law including mergers and acquisitions, shareholders agreements, joint ventures, MBOs, refinancing, private equity, corporate structures/re-structuring, banking/finance and employment matters.
Tara has also worked in-house for larger organisations, gaining valuable insight into issues that matter to business clients. She has worked as a graduate trainee for Vodafone plc and as Senior In-house Lawyer for SSE plc, one of the big six energy companies. As well as advising at board level on corporate transactions/structuring and energy specific contracts, she has also worked extensively on general commercial matters such as distribution and agency agreements, trading arrangements, collaborations, commercial tenders/joint bidding, sales agreements, terms and conditions, supply/service agreements, procurement, IT contracts, IPR, consultancy, outsourcing, data protection, licensing and confidentiality.
In her own words…
“I have always enjoyed working as a trusted advisor to SMEs. It takes particular skill to be able to support business owners/directors in navigating the law whilst still remaining commercially effective. Legal advice has to be fast and focused. Advising directors of startups who I originally met at local business events, helping them grow, then eventually managing the sale of their businesses – its an incredibly personal and rewarding experience to be part of the journey.”
- LLB 2:1 with honours in English Law and European Law from Queen Mary, University of London
- Studied Dutch and EU Law at the University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Management, University of Portsmouth
- Legal Practice Couse, College of Law, Guildford
- Member of the In-house Legal Team finalists at The Lawyer awards 2015 and 2017
- Member of the Corporate Finance Team of the Year in the Gatwick Deal Awards 2008
- Various articles published for my firm’s Commercial Law Newsletter
- Acting as lead lawyer for some of the largest energy infrastructure projects in the UK
As a mother of boys, Tara spends most her time refereeing (and replacing broken furniture). In her spare time, she is an avid trekkie and loves pretty much anything sci-fi related.
Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi