Mandy spent 12 years in private practice managing the criminal department and as the head of the judicial review department. Mandy then began to work for a city firm as compliance counsel for the EMEA region, right in the heart of 4th money laundering directive and the GDPR being implemented.
Mandy now works as a consultant lawyer and trainer specialising in anti-money laundering and data privacy matters. She also regularly writes articles for law firms on these subjects as well as drafting precedents for legal research companies.
In her own words…
“It’s great to work with people that can use my knowledge first hand, as an end user almost. It’s good to simply get to the point and provide advice where the other person knows about the subject to the same extent, but may find themselves seeking assistance on few points. There’s a sense of respect working with people that know their subject matter and helping them achieve their objective gives me the most satisfaction!”
- LLB Law, University of West London - 2002
- GDPR Practitioner – The Knowledge Academy – January 2018
- CIPP/E qualified (IAPP) – October 2018
- Certified Data Protection Officer – IBITGQ – November 2020
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Legal Compliance (MERIT) - 2019
- ICA International AML Diploma (MERIT) – May 2021
- Contributed to published book - The In-house Counsel Compliance Companion (Author – Tracy Calvert)
- Successfully judicially reviewed the Secretary of State for Justice - that it was unlawful to decline to provide registered intermediaries to defendants, but to provide them to other witnesses and victims (R (OP) v Secretary of State for Justice  EWHC 1944 Admin)
- School governor of a therapeutic primary school