Kevin Hanson has 10 years’ experience of working in the legal profession specialising in patent & trade mark registration, enforcement and monetization, and general intellectual property and commercial law. Prior to entering the legal profession, Kevin spent 14 years working in industry as an engineer.
Most recently, Kevin worked for a boutique US IP law firm handling patent and trade mark portfolios for several multi-national corporations. He previously led the patents team at the international law firm, Taylor Vinters. Kevin trained at several patent and trade mark firms, most notably Stratagem IPM in Cambridge where he managed the firm’s contract support services for a number of life sciences oriented clients.
Kevin works with a range of clients from individual entrepreneurs to multinational corporations. He is active in the Innovate Edge community and supports clients referred from several regional Innovate Edge delivery partners with IP audits and general intellectual property issues.
In Kevin’s own words:
Intellectual property is the life blood of any business and makes up 80%+ of business valuations. It is critical to have the right IP strategy in place from an early stage in a business lifecycle yet professional fees charged by conventional law firms can be prohibitive. As a UK, EU and US intellectual property lawyer I take a multi-jurisdictional approach to ensure that SME clients receive the right advice at the right time to help them use their intellectual property as a commercial tool in order to meet their business objectives.
- California Bar Exam – 2018
- LLB Law, BPP University – 2015
- BENG, Open University – 2009
- California Attorney – 2018
- US Trade Mark Attorney – 2018
- Solicitor (England & Wales) – 2016
- European Patent Attorney – 2016
- Chartered Patent Attorney (UK) – 2015
- One of a handful of UK based lawyers qualified as a solicitor, US attorney and patent attorney
- Achieved a six-figure settlement for a defendant being sued for trade mark infringement and passing off
- Passed the California bar exam at the first attempt
Kevin is currently training for the 2022 London Marathon and generally enjoys running and cycling. He lives in Lincoln with his wife and three young children with parenting taking up much of his free time.
English is Kevin’s primary (and only!) language.