Irene Kamya is an immigration specialist with over 11 years’ experience working in personal and corporate immigration advising individuals and providing bespoke advice to businesses on all types of immigration related matters.
Irene also has experience of advising on immigration compliance within the Higher Education Sector advising on UKVI Sponsor licence Compliance related issues.
Irene has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Sponsor licence applications for Skilled Worker and Intra-Company Transfer visas including helping employers navigate the new points-based system
- UKVI Sponsor licence audits-providing strategic advice following mock audits in preparation of UKVI Compliance Audits
- Delivering Training to HR managers and teams on the new Points-based system, EU Settlement Scheme, right to work checks, Sponsorship duties and providing bespoke advice to
- Acting as a level 1 user on the Sponsorship Management System-assisting employers in assigning Certificates of Sponsorship and complex reports in the event of takeovers, mergers and TUPEs
- All types of visa applications including Family Migration-spouse visas, Short term visas, Student visas, Settlement, UK Ancestry, Sole Representatives, Tier 1 (Investor), EU Settlement Scheme, Applications outside the rules and citizenship applications
- Global Talent Visa-assessing documents for eligibility of endorsement under the Global Talent Visa route and assisting with Global Talent Visa applications.
In addition, Irene has successfully represented clients on complex immigration cases at both the First and Upper Tribunal level. She successfully opened and ran an immigration clinic in her local area and has presented at several webinars and conferences on immigration.
Irene has also appeared as an Immigration specialist-guest speaker on local radio stations within her community and is passionate about providing legal advice and assistance to people who would otherwise not be able to afford legal representation.
Irene received her legal training from BPP School of Law in Holborn. She was admitted as a Solicitor in the Republic of Ireland - Law Society of Ireland in September 2017. She holds an LLB(Hons) Law degree from The University of Leeds and is a Member of the International Compliance Association (ICA).
In her spare time, she enjoys exercising and singing.