Giovanni Visintini has 20 years' experience helping clients plan, manage, protect and enforce their domestic and global brands and wider IP rights. Giovanni is qualified as a Solicitor and Trade Mark Attorney, as well as an Italian Avvocato.
Giovanni is adaptable, pragmatic and commercially focused with a broad spectrum of experience across a range of business sectors, both in private practice (Bristows 2000 and Fieldfisher 2001) and in-house (Diageo 2000, Sport Direct 2005 and BP 2006) including breaking new ground with protection and registration of colour trademarks.
In Giovanni’s own words:
"I earn my clients trust by being accessible, approachable and explaining complex legal concepts in accessible, commercial language. With a career across a wide variety of business sectors including FMCG, sports, fashion, entertainment and oil and gas, I can offer clients a wealth of experience and solutions.”
- Law Degree, Universitá degli Studi di Parma, Italy - 1994
- Italian Bar Exam, Scuola Forense De André, Genova, Italy - 1998
- Qualified Lawyer Transfer Test, College of Law, London - 2000
- UK Trade Mark Attorney Exams, Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys – 2013
- Managing a ground breaking High Court action for the infringement of BP’s Colour Green Trade Mark against a major UK supermarket brand.
- Lead adviser on IP matters in relation to marketing campaigns, sponsorship opportunities, new product launches and media buy.
- Lead negotiator and adviser on BP IP assets in JV, M&A, distribution, licensing, procurement and other agreements, covering multiple jurisdictions.
- Mentor for year 5 pupils at Cubitt Town Primary School through Mosaic (part of the Prince’s Trust) - inspiring primary school children from disadvantaged backgrounds to raise their educational and career aspirations.
Giovanni likes to practice triathlon, skiing, running and never says no to a game of football with friends. He likes history and historic novels and getting involved in all of his kids activities (mainly as a taxi driver).
Giovanni is an Italian native speaker and could find his way around Spanish and French.