Lawbite Customer Comments
"Ewan was brilliant, super quick, super knowledgeable, super-amenable, and very easy to work with. Thank you Ewan, I will be very happy to recommend you." VEG OF LUND UK LIMITED
Ewan Mackay has over 20 years post qualifying legal experience. Initially practising as a solicitor in the courts of Scotland, Ewan moved to the Channel Islands in 2005, where he worked in private trust companies and with two of the largest offshore law firms Mourant and Walkers. There, his case load included a diverse range of non-contentious and contentious trust and corporate matters for an international client base. He has acted for many institutional clients in high value mergers and acquisitions and high net worth individuals and their families.
Ewan now lives in Scotland where he has been a member of the legal contracts team at the University of Dundee and latterly as legal counsel with TV Squared, a technology services company operating globally.
Working with clients from a wide range of industry, Ewan offers his clients expertise in commercial contracts, trust and corporate matters. He also assists higher education institutions with their commercialisation requirements and legal documents.
In Ewan’s own words:
“Having worked in both private practice and business I have direct, relevant and practical experience of the ‘gnarly issues’ where legal advice may be needed but often times is not obtained. I enjoy exploring the intricacies of real life problems to find workable, affordable solutions so that my clients can get on with what they do best in running and growing successful businesses.”
- University of Glasgow - 1996 - LLB (upper second class Honours with European Law)
- University of Glasgow - 1998 - Diploma in Legal Practice
- BPP Law School - 2006 - Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test
- Practising member of the Law Society of Scotland
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court in England and Wales
- Accomplished the removal of the trustees of the IXG pension scheme with the appointment of the public trustee in Guernsey;
- Worked with the government in Guernsey to develop and advance companies and trust legislation to develop its status as a world class international finance centre;
- Advised various financial services businesses with consolidation and mitigation during and following the 2008 financial crisis;
- Contributed articles to IFC on Guernsey trust law;
- Aided university life sciences sector with legal contracts to enhance drug discovery, clinical and academic research into neglected diseases.
Ewan enjoys cycling, skiing and other outdoor pursuits including golf. He lives on the east coast of Scotland with his family. Music plays a big part in Ewan’s life. He is a keen guitarist and has taken up the piano again after a 30 year hiatus.
Ewan reacquainted his love of French during and since living in Guernsey where he hopped across to St Malo for holidays.