Made on [Day] of [Month], 20[Year] (the “Start Date”)
The Parties are;
- 1. [Company Name] with its registered office at [Registered Office Address] (“Producer” in this agreement); and
- 2. [Individual] of [Address] (“Performer” in this agreement).
- 2.1 The Producer engages the Performer who agrees under the terms of this Agreement to perform as key talent in making a Video described in the Schedule for which the Producer will pay the Performer the Royalty set out in the Schedule.
- 3.1 The Performer will perform in a professional manner all services normally required from a performer in the making of a video and will promptly fulfill all the Producer’s reasonable requests. The Performer consents to the exploitation of the Video by the Producer in all media throughout the world.
- 3.2 The Performer will be reasonably available to rehearse, perform, record, meet, and consult and the like and will keep the Producer informed of their location and contact details at all times.
- 3.3 The Performer will make a reasonable number of appearances to promote the Video for the Producer who will make best efforts to arrange the appearances well in advance. The Producer will repay the Performer any pre-approved expenses reasonably necessary for the appearances, such as transport, food and lodging if the Performer provides receipts.
- 3.4 Time is of the essence in the performance of the Performer’s responsibilities.
- 3.5 The Performer grants the Producer the right to engage the Performer to make one more Video so long as the Producer tells the Performer within twelve (12) months after the retail release of the Video made under this agreement. The Producer and the Performer will negotiate in good faith the start and end dates for the making of the second Video. The terms of this agreement will apply to the second Video.
- 3.6 During the term of this agreement and the twelve (12) month period after the retail release of the Video, the Performer will not make any new video for any other person without the Producer’s advance written approval.
- 3.7 The Producer may use and authorise others to use the Performer’s name, image, voice and biography in the production and promotion of all material written or contributed to the Video by the Performer so long as that use does not endorse any product or service other than the Video without the Performer’s advance written consent.
- 3.8 The Performer will sign any additional documents which are needed to give effect to the intent and purpose of this agreement, at the Producer’s expense and request.
- 3.9 The Performer guarantees that
- 3.9.1 all material which they write or contribute will be their wholly original creation, and will not in any way infringe any copyright, or rights of privacy or publicity, or libel or slander anyone;
- 3.9.2 they are fully ready, willing and able to perform their services under this agreement and can legally perform their responsibilities without anyone else’s consent;
- 3.9.3 there is no threatened or current court action which might interfere with the Producer’s rights under this agreement.
- 3.9.4 the Producer has signed this agreement on the strength of the Performer’s guarantees.
Also included in this document:
4. Producer’s Responsibilities
6. Ending this Agreement