The date of this agreement is [Day] of [Month], 20[Year] (the “Signing Date”)
This is an agreement between:
- [Agent Name] with its registered office at [Registered Office Address] (“We/Us” in this agreement); and
- [Principal Name] with its registered office at [Registered Office Address] (“You” in this agreement).
You wish to appoint an agent for the sale of certain products or services.
We have agreed with You that We will be the “Agent” and You will be “the Principal” on behalf of which We act in this agreement.
The main terms are set out in clauses 3 to 19 below and there are also some important commercial terms described in the Schedule.
- 3.1 You agree that We shall be your agent to promote and sell the products or services which are described in the Schedule. They are called “Products” in this agreement. We may advertise and sell the Products in our Territory (which is described in the Schedule) in the way that this agreement sets out. Our rights will continue for the Term of this agreement (which is described in the Schedule).
- 3.2 You will not, during the Term of this agreement, appoint any other person, firm or company as your agent for the sale of the Products in the Territory.
- 3.3 You will not, without our agreement, negotiate with, or sell Products to any person in the Territory, and You will refer all possible transactions to Us.
- 3.4 We shall not sell or try to sell the Products in countries outside our Territory during the Term of this Agreement.
- 3.5 If We do not achieve the minimum sales target set out in the Schedule during the period set out in the Schedule, You will be entitled to sell direct to customers in the Territory, or You can end this agreement by writing to Us but You must give Us not less than one months’ notice in writing before You do either of those things.
- 3.6 We will not during the Term of this agreement, except with your prior written consent, be involved as a sales agent for any goods in the Territory which compete with the Products, and We will not buy the Products for ourselves for resale.
Also included in this document:
4. Our Responsibilities
5. Sale of Products
6. Your Responsibilities
7. Commission and Payments
8. Advertising and Promotion
9. Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Data Protection
10. Intellectual Property
11. Product Liability and Insurance
12. Duration and Termination
14. Effects of Termination
16. Unforeseen Circumstances
19. Law for Interpreting this Agreement and Place for Disputes